E-Cigaratte Battery Caught Fire on Malindo Air Flight

PUTRAJAYA, Oct 25 —  A fire incident took place on a Malindo Air flight enroute to the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (KLIA2) from Kota Kinabalu.

The man was watching a video on the display screen in his Boeing 737-800 aircraft seat when an electronic cigarette (e-cigarette) battery inside a bag which was placed on the passenger’s lap suddenly burst into flames.

The  incident which occurred  around 6.45pm after the aircraft had just taken off from Kota Kinabalu. Malindo Air passengers and flight crew faced tense moments as the man sustained burns on the thighs and left hand.

ACP Abdul Aziz Ali, Sepang police chief said the fire happened while the passenger was watching a video in his seat.

“The vape battery in a bag lying on the man’s lap suddenly caught fire. He was treated immediately by another passenger who happened to be a doctor. The crew also managed to quickly bring the fire under control. The plane landed safely at the KLIA2 at 8.44pm.” Abdul Aziz said. He also said the injured man lodged a police report shortly afterwards.

Malindo Air did not lodge any complaint over the incident.

fire_e-cigarette

Comments

comments